Things to do
The following shows facilities and information – there are also park events listed here
Elmer the Patchwork Elephant at Holywells Park
Holywells Park plays host to a St Elizabeth Hospice Elmer the Elephant – called Lord Admiral Nelly. It is on display in the park Stable Block/Reception area and forms part of the trail around Ipswich running from 15 June to 7 September 2019.
The art trail has 55 individually designed elephants based on the much loved children’s character, Elmer the Patchwork Elephant. Associated merchandise will be available from Holywells Park Reception shop.
Elmer’s Big Parade Suffolk is a ‘Wild in Art’ event in support of St Elizabeth Hospice – you can find out more information at elmersbigparadesuffolk.co.uk
- Visitor centre and café. Open from 10am – 5pm (April to October) and 10am – 4pm (October to March).
- Trails including a Fitness ‘Trim’ Trail
- Changing Places facility for profound and multiple disabilities
- Victorian conservatory & outdoor classrooms available for hire
- Walled Garden with open air theatre space and maze
- Water play facility (summer only)
- Genesis Green Bike Project
- Play area for children, incorporating hi-tech teen play facility, kiosk, toilets and changing room
- Bowling green, home to Holywells Bowling Club.
- General Information
- Wlidlife trail leaflet
- Heritage trail
- Tree trail
- Health and well-being